Who is eligible?
- In recovery from drug and/or alcohol use for a minimum of 9 months
- Stable independent housing for a minimum of 9 months
- Receiving medical care
- Affected by HIV/AIDS
What does training include?
- Six weeks of training, three days per week, 10am – 4pm
- 30 half-day workshops; 75 training hours (see curriculum details here)
- Weekly support group
- Breakfast and lunch provided onsite
- Daily round-trip Metro Cards
What is the sponsoring organization’s investment?
- Payment of Peer (stipend or part-time hourly wages and monthly Metrocard
- Supervision with Staff Mentor
- PTI requires that your organization identify a Staff Mentor to attend one 3-hour training session prior to peer intern placement and provide a minimum of bi-weekly supervision to Peer Navigators placed in internships at your organization.
- Supervisory sessions focus on skills development, tailored to each Peer Navigators’ interests, priorities and needs. PTI offers supervisory forms including bi-weekly task review and 6 month Peer Navigator development plans.
What is PTI’s investment in Peers?
- Peer training and staff mentor training
- Peer placement (through matching skills of peer with organization needs)
- Ongoing skills training
- Peer support group
- Consultation to staff mentors at placement organization
Ready to learn more? Contact us!